Internet users, especially the teens, nowadays are vulnerable to malicious acts in the web such as online frauds and scams, pornographic sites and others.
Here are some of seven web safety tips from Illinois Attorney General, Lisa Madigan for teens for a friendly internet environment:
1. Never post personal information online.
2. Don’t put strangers on your buddy list.
3. Don’t post potentially embarrassing images of yourself online.
4. Remember that anyone can read blogs.
5. Communicate only with friends and family.
6. Tell your parents if you receive anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.
7. Think before you post any information about yourself—a message long touted by the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.