The Civil Service Commission or CSC is now accepting applications for the October 2013 Civil Service Examination – Pencil-and-Paper Test (CSE-PPT) with period of filing from April 15, 2013 to August 30, 2013. The exam will be conducted on October 13, 2013.
Acceptance of applications shall be on a first come-first served basis, which means that applications may no longer be accepted before the deadline if the target number of applicants has already been reached by the CSC Regional/Field Offices.
Who can apply for the October 2013 Civil Service Exam?
- Must be 18 years of age on the date of filing of application;
- Must be Filipino citizen;
- Must be of good moral character;
- Must have not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Must have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian positions in the government; and
- Must have not taken the same level of Career Service Examination in less than three (3) months.
What are the requirements for application?
1. Fully accomplished application form (CS Form No. 100 Revised 2012);
2. Four (4) copies of identical pictures with specifications, as follows:
- taken within the last three (3) months prior to filing of application
- Philippine passport picture size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78” x 1.38”)
- colored, with white background and printed on quality photo paper
- in standard close-up shot (from shoulder level up with the head and face occupying at least 80% of the picture and with the name tag positioned at approximately 1 inch below the chin)
- in bare face (without eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features and showing left and right ears
- taken in full-face view directly facing the camera, with neutral facial expression and both eyes open
- with full and handwritten (not computer-generated) name tag in the format: First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any, and signature over the printed name
3. Original and photocopy of any valid ID containing applicant’s clear picture, date of birth, signature, and signature of the authorized head of the issuing agency such as Driver’s License, SSS ID, GSIS ID, Philhealth ID, current Company/Office ID, current School ID, Postal ID, BIR ID, Barangay ID, Voter’s ID, Valid Passport, or Police Clearance (Note: Any other ID not included in the list shall NOT be accepted)
4. For applicants without data on their date of birth in their valid ID, original and photocopy of NSO-issued Birth Certificate or Birth Certificate authenticated/issued by the Local Civil Registrar (LCR)
5. Examination fee of Php500 for the CSE-PPT.
Application forms can now be obtained and submitted to the nearest CSC Regional/Field Offices nationwide. The form can also be downloaded online through the official CSC website at: www.csc.gov.ph.
Do you want to contribute a story? Please send your article or post through e-mail.