OWWA Scholarship Program 2013 for OFW Dependents announced!
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) RWO-NCR started accepting application for the OFW Dependent Scholarship Program or OFWDSP for School Year 2013-2014.
The OFWDSP is an education assistance given to qualified dependents of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFWs) who intend to pursue any four- or five-year bachelor’s degree or associate degree in state college or university. In the NCR alone, a total of 204 annual scholarship slots are distributed in seventeen (17) cities of the National Capital Region.
Who can apply for the Program?
- Legal dependent of an OWWA active member-OFW whose monthly salary is US$400.00 or below. The OFW legal dependent refers to only one (1) child of married or single OFW; or only one (1) sibling (brother or sister).
- Qualified legal dependent must be single and not more than 21 years old at the time of application.
- He/she must be a high school graduate or about to graduate from high school, and is physically, mentally, and morally fit.
- He/she must pass the entrance examination conducted by state college/university in the National Capital Region (NCR).
Under the scholarship program, the grantee shall be provided financial assistance amounting to P30,000 per semester. The scholarship shall continue until completion of the course regardless of the status of OFW membership provided that compliance with the scholarship agreement maintains.
- Proof of OWWA membership of the member-OFW ( Membership Verification Sheet issued by OWWA Membership Processing Center (MPC) and Official Receipt of OWWA contribution)
- Proof of relationship to OWWA member
- Birth Certificate of applicant certified by the Local Civil Registrar or the NCSO (if applicant is the child of member-OFW)
- Birth Certificate of both applicant and member-OFW certified by the Local Civil Registrar or the NCSO (if applicant is the brother or sister of themember-OFW)
- School Records (Form 137, Transcript of Records, Certificate of Good Moral Character issued by the School Principal/Guidance Counselor)
- Medical Certificate/Clearance issued by hospital/clinic accredited by DOH
- 2 copies of 2 x 2 photo (colored)
Applications can now be submitted to the OWWA Regional Welfare Office – NCR, 2nd Floor, Room 202, OWWA Center, 7th Street, corner F.B. Harrison, Pasay City from Monday to Friday, 8AM to 5PM.
For details, please call at telephone 891-76-01 local 5219 or 832-12-68.
Please bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get the latest OWWA Scholarship Program 2013 and other college scholarship offers from various institutions.
Do you want to contribute a story? Please send your article or post through e-mail.