The national insurance system, Government Service Insurance System or GSIS, has opened the applications for the GSIS College Scholarship Program (GSP) in which 200 slots are available for Academic Year 2013-2014.
The GSP provides an opportunity for state workers to send their children to colleges and universities that provide quality education. In the new guidelines to avail of the scholarship grant, the nominee of a parent-member who has the lowest annual basic salary will be given priority. It was far different from last years mode of choosing scholars via an electronic raffle. This new mode of selection makes the program more equitable and responsive particularly to its low-income members.
The nominee must be a child of the member and an incoming freshman accepted in schools accredited by the Commission on Higher Education. The list of schools is found in the GSIS Scholarship Program Application Requirements.
The scholar who receives the grant will be entitled to the actual cost of tuition and miscellaneous fees not exceeding Php20,000 and a monthly stipend of Php2,000.
The GSIS College Scholarship Program is available for incoming college freshmen-dependents of the following:
- permanent employees in the government, who are regular GSIS members at the time of application, with at least three (3) years of service
- are at SG 24 or below or its equivalent job level;
Requirements for application include:
- Duly accomplished application form which can be obtained from the nearest GSIS office
- A certification from the school that the scholar-designee is accepted as an incoming college freshman in SY 2013-2014
- Member’s certificate of employment
These requirements must be submitted to the nearest GSIS office not later than April 30, 2013.
- The GSIS Scholarship Program for Academic Year 2013-2014
- GSIS Scholarship Program (GSP) Application Requirements for Academic Year 2013-2014
- Certification of Employment
- School Certification
Questions about GSP may be directed to the GSIS Human Resource Administration Department at 479-3600 local 3414 or 976-4970.
Bookmark us, like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and subscribe to our feeds to get related news and updates on the GSIS College Scholarship Program 2013 and more scholarship and financial aid programs available for the Filipino student.