This is quite a common question we encounter, especially from high school students who could not pay much for college. One of our fans who liked our Facebook page actually asked the question how can she apply for the CHED scholarship program.
The Commission on Higher Education (CHED) offers three types of financial grants to incoming college students under its Student Financial Assistance Program (StuFAP): Scholarship Program (Full or Half Merit), Grant-in-Aid Program and Student Loan Program.
- Must be a Filipino citizen of good moral character
- Must be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation from high school
- Must have at least 80% General Weighted Average (GWA) – 90% and above for Full Merit, 85-89% for Half Merit, and 80-84% for Grant-In-Aid and Student Loan Programs.
- Must belong to a family whose income is not more than Three Hundred Thousand Pesos (Php300,000.00)
- Must enroll in CHED priority course
- Must enroll in CHED recognized programs in HigherEdu cation Institution (HEI)
- Must not be more than 30 years of age at the time of application except for OPAPP CHED SGPRR
- Must not be a recipient of any government scholarship and/or grant.
- For Student-Borrower:
- Entering freshmen and/or college student in any curricular year level
- Must enter into a loan agreement with the CHED Regional Office concerned; and
- Must have a co-borrower who is a member of SSS/GSIS in good standing (at least paying contribution for six (6) months for the last 12 months).
FULL MERIT program is for poor but deserving Filipino students whose General Weighted Average (GWA) is 90% and above. Beneficiaries under this program can enroll in any government or private college/university.
HALF MERIT scholarship is given to poor but deserving Filipino students whose General Weighted Average (GWA) is 85-89%. Beneficiaries under this program shall enroll in any government or private higher education institutions. It also includes Persons with Disabilities (PWDs).
TULONG DUNONG. This program is for poor but deserving Filipino students whose General Weighted Average (GWA) is 80-84%. It is intended for the following: members of cultural minority groups, members of the hill tribe, solo parents and their children and senior citizens. Stipend: Php 6,000.00 per Semester
CHED also offers other Grant-in-Aid Programs to deserving students under the Office of the Presidential Adviser on Peace Process-CHED Student Grant Program for Rebel (OPAPP CHED SGPRR), DND-CHED-PASUC Study Grant Program and CHED Special Study Grant Program for Congressional District/Senate.
Student Loans are also offered. Under its Study-Now-Pay-Later Program, poor but deserving students can avail of an educational loan.
- Accomplished StuFAPs Application OSS Form 01. Download the StuFAP Application form via the CHED official website.
- High School Report Card or Form 138 or Certificate of Grades from the last semester attended
- Latest Annual Income Tax Return or Certificate of Exemption of parents and/or guardian from the Bureau of Internal Revenue
- Certificate of Good Moral Character from the high school principal or guidance counselor.
- For Student-Borrower:
- Certified true copy of grades during the previous semester attended.
- Notarized contract between CHED and student borrower
- Proof of SSS/GSIS premium contribution of co-borrower
- Certification of co-borrower either SSS/GSIS member
To apply, qualified students who intend to enroll in courses included in the CHED Priority Courses can submit the accomplished Application Form to the respective CHED Regional Office where they intend to enroll together with pertinent documentary requirements mentioned above.
I Am Jammed is not in any way affiliated with the CHED. The contents provided here are sourced out from the StuFAP brochure available from the CHED website. All the information posted here are for education purposes only.
If you have further concerns or inquiry regarding the CHED Scholarship Program, visit your nearest CHED Regional Office. The CHED Scholarship Program brochure is also available online for your reference.