The Department of Labor and Employment lines up job fairs this summer, in time for the graduation of college students who will eventually be joining the workforce.
Labor and Employment Secretary Rosalinda Dimapilis-Baldoz advises students and job seekers to visit and participate in DOLE’s job fairs this April 2013.
The job fairs are available to all jobseekers in both urban and rural areas for the whole month of April. The fairs include mega job fairs, city and municipal fairs, in-house, mini, and barangay job fairs in close coordination with local government units (LGUs) and the Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs), supervised by the Bureau of Local Employment (BLE) and DOLE regional offices.
DOLE Job Fairs for Summer 2013: Schedule and Venues
- April 1-12 – PESO Taguig;
- April 11-12 – New Valenzuela City Hall Parking Lot;
- April 12 – PESO Pasay;
- April 15-26 – PESO Taguig;
- April 26 – PESO Pasay;
- April 29 – PESO Taguig
- April 4-5 – La Trinidad Municipal Gym; – Provincial Plaza;
- April 12 – San Quintin Gymnasium and Manaoag, Pangasinan;
- April 11-13 – Kasibu, Nueva Viscaya;
- April 16 – Alert Building Saguday, Quirino;
- April (TBA) – San Mateo, Santiago, Ilagan, and Cauayan in Isabela;
- April 9 – CLSU multi-purpose gym;
- April 26-27 – Looc Covered Court, Romblon.
- April 2013 – University of Negros Recoletos, Bacolod City; Pandan Antique; Capiz Provincial Capitol; Iloilo Provincial Capitol; La Castellana Municipal Hall; Isabela Covered Court; La Carlota and Himalayan City; Roxas City; and Guimaras Provincial Covered Court.
- April 12 – STI Campus Ormoc;
- April 20 – Isabela City Gym
- April 18-19 – Cagayan de Oro City Hall grounds
- April 27 – Atrium LKKS
- April 12 – Davao Doctors College;
- April 4 – STI Kidapawan City;
- April 10 – LGU Aleosan;
- April 27 – St. Alexius College, Koronadal City;
- April 8 – San Miguel Surigao del Sur Municipal Hall
Visit the official job portal of DOLE at http://phil-job.net to get the latest schedule on DOLE Job Fairs and to apply for job vacancies.
Job fairs also serve as venue for job seekers to apply for pre-employment documentation services from government agencies services such as National Statistics Office; National Bureau of Investigation; Professional Regulation Commission; Philippine Health Insurance Corporation; PAG-IBIG; and Bureau of Internal Revenue.
Baldoz also reminded applicants to visit the local Public Employment Service Offices (PESOs) to obtain information on upcoming job fair schedules in their areas. Job seekers may also inquire about training and counselling; employment services, other appropriate job search and matching assistance that they would need as they enter the world of work.